Friday, September 2, 2011

A Note

These past couple of weeks just flew by. I barely had time to relax and think. Much less take time for my blog.  But school is in full swing now. Every single kid is starting to get used to the idea that there are rules at school and they need to be followed.

The kids in the autism room, on the other hand, seem to be getting very used to the adults and their schedules. There have been a few outbursts here and there, but everyone in the room I work in seem to be getting along, even though OUR schedules are still in need of tweeking.

Next to the new school year, there has also been a change in whose teaching. Our fearless autsim room leader/teacher has decided to get some R and R before her second child is born. I am happy she is spending time with her daughter and being stress free. So, our room has gained a new sub who is doing quite well, despite his reservations about teaching autistic children.

Then there is all the technology issues that have appeared with this new school year. Apparently the assistants have to sign themselves up for the sub finding SEMS program, plus there is a new email thing we need to do and a new personnel management thing also needs to get done. Which I unhappily tried to do and was unable to do. Ugh! I'll figure out what I did wrong at some point.

I am glad its Labor Day weekend. Maybe I can finally slow down after all that has happened. With all that has happened, I have been unable to crochet much since I last told you of my crochet projects. They are getting done, but slowly! Well, until next time...hoping it will be soon. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment