Friday, September 30, 2011

Fall Colors

Fall weather has been here for sometime. Well, at least a good week. It has been great to experience the cooler weather and see the trees change dramatic colors.

A couple of days ago I took a walk, looking for inspirational fall pictures. I came up with a few. It was a nice walk, though it was short. I wish I would have found more trees to take pictures of. In other words I should have taken a longer walk. But time was not on my side and I needed to get back to the house.

On the way home from work I am always pleaseantly surprised by the colors in the trees. But it helps me relax and just enjoy the ride.
With all the movement towards fall, with the weather changing and the trees changing, it makes me think winter is coming closer. And I haven't a clue as to weather I should make a few gifts or not. The one blanket that I was "commissioned" to make I am going to give for Christmas. Most of the toys I have been making will be for October birthdays which are around the cornor. So let's just say I'm prepared. I do have a growing zoo, as you can see below.
 Hmm, though I do have a few toys I'm thinking about making for Christmas. They might be included in my "stash series" (which by the way is a working title). Cause at the rate my stash is going I could see making several different sorts of toys. Many more animals could be added to my zoo!

Toys arn't the only things on my mind. I really would like to make another blanket for my house. Maybe two. I recently purchased a Vanna crochet book which has several intriguing and inspirational blankets to create. I also would love to get rid of my stash by creating a leftovers blanket that I've seen in my Crochet Today magazine. The choices the choices...so many of them. It is a matter of sitting down and doing them!!

I can officially cross penguins off my list. They are done and looking great displayed, I can't wait to give them to the little kiddo who doesn't know to expect them. I hope he enjoys playing with them as much as I enjoyed making them. But I think they match well with the way  he plays. So I'm not too fearful.

Well I hope you all have a good weekend. Keep smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment