Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Comments and Craziness

Well, let's start with the good news.....my comments are now working. So feel free to drop me a line and tell me how I'm doing! I'm sorry that they were not working before, apparently I had clicked something that should not have been clicked (when setting up the blog)!

Here comes the "bad" news. But it really is just news. I have not been keeping to my blog because well, there have been several radical changes. The room I work in has changed schedules for the adults and we have a new sub. The new sub has slipped in easily which is good, but the schedules still have some flukes that need to be worked out. The schedule flukes include the teacher (or the sub) schedule too! I can probably say we are all complaining silently about the changes.

The changes  that have been made, were fought long and hard for too. First the assistants in my room were not involved in the schedules. After those schedules were revealed those did not work well for the students or assistants. So we went back to the person making the schedules and suggested something different. These are the schedules that are in action now. Today, it seems as if we have been doing them for two weeks (it's probably just me) but it is only the second day.

Ah well, it is past now. There isn't much I personally can do except work hard for the students I'm with so that they can have good days and press on. The student is the most important aspect of my job. Any way that they can better learn is what is best for them.

I have started to crochet a shell edge
 On the home front, I have been working as hard as I can at my crochet. Sometimes it doesn't always get done because these past couple of weeks have been draining. The blanket I'm working on is getting closer to being done. I have finished two penguins and am working on another project that is improving a fleece baby blanket.

Yes, another baby blanket. It's technically a "receiving" blanket that I found for a pretty good price at TJ Maxx. It came with four others. When at TJ Maxx I showed my mom what I was holding and she told me a story about how I used to have a receiving blanket that a relative crocheted around. I took it everywhere and it used to be my favorite blanket.

Wheels turned and turned in my head. Who could I give this to? I thought of three people who might enjoy some fun blankets. So I've just started working on it. Hopefully I will add a homemade toy to go with it. I've been thinking about doing a rabbit that I saw in my favorite blog Attic 24, but now that I think of it I could also do kissing birds that would also be really cute.
more fleece blankets to "improve"
So on my list yet to create in the next couple of blogs etc...
1. One more penguin
2. two receiving blankets
3. toy to go with blanket
4.finish afghan

That seems like quite a load! Too many exciting projects to do. So little time to spend on them!!
Well I best be off. Keep smiling!

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea for edging the blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the receiving blankets! That edging adds so much to it :)

    ReplyDelete