Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to School

Well, school has started again. I am thankful for the extra things to do, like making sure the kids are happy, working on projects for our room and just meeting a whole bunch of new kids and new people!

Coats and Clark picture
What I have done
So far, our year has started off to a good start. Not too many kids are "difficult" and seem to be easing back into the school year. A couple of them do seem to need some more adjusting, but otherwise the rest of them have fallen back in line with their classes and are working hard for all the adults in the room.

Ana Rimioli's pciture
On the home front I have started making a afghan for my sister-in-law Allison. I had this pattern in one of my afghan books. It is an old Coats and Clark pattern. It will be a lovely orange-pink and brown.





I also have finally started a few of the penguin appendages. I'm sure once I start the rest of the body they will quickly be produced. They are of course from Ana Rimoli's Amigurumi World. 

finished penguin parts
Otherwise project making has alomost come to a standstill. But there is lots of time for things to be completed!

It has been a bit hard trying to get back in the swing of things, even though I'm glad that I'm busier. And with working at the school there is less time to work around the house and working with my yarn.But everything is fixed in time. It is just getting used to what needs to happen and when.

Well, I'm rather out of words. But I want to write tomorrow. So you may hear from me then! Hopefully this tiredness that I have suddenly felt will not be a hindrance tomorrow. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment