Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June Gardening

Its been a couple weeks now, but my husband and I got down to business when it came to our flower garden.

We always try to plant a few flowers to make our garden more beautiful, this year to do that it took quite a bit of weeding!


 All of our beds were weighted down with weeds galore. So in effort to be comfortable weeding I took a stool outside and began pulling for all I was worth.

I started with the easy bed, which is the rose bed. We have chocolate wood chip type cover there and it makes for easy weed pulling.

After that was done we "tilled" the ground of the other beds pulling what weeds we could from the other beds.

Then it was time for the fun part, picking the flowers to fill the gap the weeds had left. I enjoy looking for flowers to plant.
We chose some Begonia's, Impatiens, Cannas and New Guinea impatiens. A few other flowers too, but I forget their names.

We then laid out how we would mix and match all the colors we had purchased. It turned out pretty nice, even with the plants we already had like our bleeding heart and our lily's. 

It was nice to do something together even though it was a bit exhausting. But it made for a beautiful garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment