Friday, May 31, 2013

Oh Baby!: Booties and Hats

Can you believe it? I already have finished the second blanket! I can't believe it myself. 

It turned out pretty nice. Ben likes it too! So that makes me feel better and that I chose the right colors and pattern. 
Working on the Ripple
The blanket is nice because its soft, not too big and not too small. I can imagine, when the baby comes, laying the baby on it or laying it across a car seat in the winter.

Most of the yarn used in it was Red Heart Soft. The yarn selection I had was pretty expansive, but this particular yarn seemed to fit the bill perfectly. The denim colored yarn I had on hand from one of my other baby projects, unfortunately I forget what brand.

 Lucy's ripple pattern from Attic 24 was simple to use and very easily learned. With the results I got, I am entirely happy! Defined colors and a fun pattern to boot.
Beautiful finished project!

I twiddled my thumbs for a little bit after I finished the blanket. But it didn't take long to find some more yarn to use and a cute pattern as well!

The yarn I found is Plymouth Yarn Dream Baby DK  that I found at a local second hand store. It was fairly priced and even though at the time I didn't know I was having a boy, the light blue and speckled white was perfect for any baby.

So I made a cute little cupcake hat found in a specifically baby and kids crochet magazine. It turned out pretty cute.....

Then I thought, maybe some more booties would do. So I used a cute little gumdrop booty pattern found in the same magazine. They turned out so cute and the baby has a matching set!!

I still have some of that yarn left, so I'm in process of making another set. A friend of mine is also having a boy and I plan on sending the set to her. 
Twin booties and hats.

Just a little something to get her started!

My next baby project I will be making another little cardigan for my little one. I realize it will be awhile, most likely before he wears it. But it is so cute and classic.
Start of Cardigan

By then, I think (and hope) I'll be all done with things baby for awhile. Because I still have projects I want to try for myself....like a pair of socks and a shawl for my writing room.

Well that is all I have for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment