Thursday, May 23, 2013

Oh Baby!

Well, I don't know if you caught it in my New York, New York post, but my husband and I are pregnant!

We found out we are expecting a little boy! Just another one to add to Ben's already large family clan.

So since I've known I've been pregnant I've been hooking away at the next baby project. One of them I've been waiting to do for a long time. It is a cute blanket found in Vanna's Choice: Color it Beautiful Afghans book  I purchased. It is inspired by the log cabin effect you can get by quilting.
 It is already finished! I whipped it up so quick that I had to frog one line because I had already reached the size limit.

It looks great. I love the yarn and the colors. The yarn I used is called Stylecraft Life DK. I heard about it from one of my favorite blogs Attic 24.

The yarn is a fantastic mix of acrylic and wool, so you don't miss out on the refined wool, but you can machine wash it, which is a plus. Especially since it is a baby blanket.
Log Cabin Baby Blanket

Before I knew it was a boy, I decided to make some booties. They are cute little high tops! I made them green in an effort to be "neutral". They got rave reviews on facebook. I hope you enjoy them!

Next project on the list is another baby blanket...Ben thought there was way too much pink in the other one to really be a boy's blanket. In all fairness, I bought the beautiful yarn before I knew what we were having, plus I was following the pallet given (to some extent).

I have started the next baby blanket. It is now a navy blue, denim, tan and green one. Again, inspired by Attic 24. I am using Lucy's ripple pattern . It is a classic pattern and since it won't have any holes, baby's feet won't get stuck.
Sneak peek!
I'm not planning on making it super big, unfortunately I don't off hand know HOW big. So I'm just going with the flow.

I think that'll be it for baby projects, even though I might find I want to make more, since I have some cute baby yarn I came across at a second hand store. But we will see.

Thanks for stopping by! See ya next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment