Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ami Ami Dogs:Review

It is time for a review! Ami Ami Dogs is the book I used to create the puppies from my May 14 post.

I admit I was a little reluctant to get this book. When I paged through it, I loved the pictures immediately, but the patterns looked difficult when I  paged through it. But I was surprised.

The book was written by Mitsuki Hoshi, she has staged the dogs in a playful manner. It is an immediate selling point in my mind.


The patterns have an distinctive point by point direction. Which is easy to follow and understand. Patterns are harder to understand the more words are used in them. But Mitsuki Hoshi's  minimalist approach to the pattern makes them easy to comprehend and follow.

It is also easy to adjust the hook size and yarn size to create bigger or smaller dogs to your liking. Though I have not used a book with such detailed diagrams, it was fast to learn the pattern and to continue throughout the pattern.

If there is a dog you want to make, it seems you can adjust the patterns as well. I adjusted the spaniel pattern in the book to make a Springer Spaniel instead of the one mentioned in the book.

I am sure if you purchase Ami Ami Dogs in your local yarn shop or bookstore you will not be disappointed.

Recently I gave my husky away to a loving home!! He was graciously received by my nephew. He immediately hugged and played with it. It was a joy to see! That is always my ultimate goal when stitching up such cute things as amigurumi.

No comments:

Post a Comment