Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Inspiration

The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and my kitty is begging to be let outside. He is such a silly cat sometimes, he thinks he needs to be near us, no matter where we are in the house or if that is outside....sign him up! This past week my hubby and I have been enjoying our little "patio" on our delightful green furniture. He has mostly been reading outside, while I have been using my hook in attempts of finishing my baby blanket. Unfortunately my hubby has been making more headway on his book than my baby blanket, even though it is about half done now.




 After looking at the blanket I had and that the squares are about half the size as they call for in the pattern,  I still have half the blanket to complete. Ah well, if you take a risk, that is what you get, a re-interpreted pattern that still works, but in a different way. Some say that is the best way to crochet, to not exactly follow the pattern to a tee. Some even dare not to have a pattern. I respect those people, but I fear I have not quite reached that point in my crochet. I have thought about making a toy snake without a pattern, then I saw Ana Paula Rimoli's new book Amigurumi Toy Box and it has a snake. So I don't know if I will follow one, or make up my own. I'm sure, as a fellow crocheter you have found your own new patterns people have created. Revelry.com has an abundance. Other new patterns can be found on various blogs, depending on who you follow. I know on Attic 24 she has several patterns as well as how-to's that are always helpful. It has created a monster in my baby blanket, because instead of whipstiching the blocks together, I think I'm going to single crochet them together.

I hope the single crochet won't take long. Cause after looking at what I had complete of the baby blanket, my husband, Ben, feared it would not get done in time, before November. I hope I have time! My presents might be late, hand crafting takes time. My husband should know this, as he has taken up working with wood. I know my cutting board from him took at least 3 months at most...maybe more because I was not exactly keeping track of time. Well, with time pressing with the yarn I am currently using, I have chosen other yarn to complete the second baby blanket. I am hoping using the appropriate weight, it will take less time. Again, not exactly what the pattern asked for, but the Impeccable yarn I chose was the prettiest yarn in 4 weight. I can't wait to use the new yarn! Alas, there is a blanket yet to complete. I better get to it. Until next time...hopefully sooner, not later.

No comments:

Post a Comment