Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Simple Things

I have no idea why, but making simple meals and desserts have not been my forte. I have wanted and usually make something less simple, calling for those 'hard to find' ingredients.

So I'll make the farro salad (having know idea what farro looks like) instead of either purchasing a salad or mixing up a simple one, like tossed salad (carrots, lettuce, cheese and croutons?).

OK bad example, because I frequently purchase salads ready to be mixed. How about this....I'll use a Rachael Ray recipe (which usually has those hard to find ingredients) instead of that simple family recipe.
I think its the thrill of a challenge. That's why I'll use a different recipe never used before instead of going with the 'popular' over used recipe.

I didn't go that way this time. We are headed to my in-laws for the 4th. My mother-in-law just wanted cookies or bars. I already had in mind to make a tart that I had never made before. Then I thought Scotcharoos sounded good. It's a simple recipe. And its a bar. It is a BIG favorite, at least in my family.


So tart out...even though I'm planning on making it. For this Friday, pending it goes as planned.

All in all I hope my Scotcharoos turned out alright because I've never made them before. Hopefully simple thing wins...and I won't have regretted not making that tart for the 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment